We are thrilled you are interested in our scholarship. The amount will be $1,500 for the 2019-2020 academic year and will be renewable each subsequent year until you graduate, assuming you continue to meet our eligibility criteria.
Deadline: May 10, 2019
- Graduate of a School District of Philadelphia high school (with preference given to citywide and neighborhood schools) or Philadelphia charter school.
- Philadelphia city resident.
- Family annual income up to $50,000 for family with one child, $55,000 for two children, $60,000 for three, and so on.
- Minimum score on SAT 800 or ACT 14.
- Took high-school algebra and received minimum grade C.
- Unconditional acceptance to an accredited college/university as full-time student.
- Full completion of our application and submission of supporting documents by the deadline.
Required documents and information (electronic copies):
- SAT or ACT official results.
- High school official transcript through first half of 12th grade.
- Acceptance letter from college you are planning to attend.
- Financial Aid Award letter from college you are planning to attend.
- Student Aid Report (SAR) from FAFSA (obtainable here).
- Yearly income of parents or guardians.
- Name and email of non-relative who will write a recommendation letter (teacher, coach, counselor or other person not related to you).
- Personal essay, either new or from your college application.
On this form, please enter the same email address that you use for your Submittable login and make sure it's a personal email, not a school or work email. If you cannot finish this form in one sitting, click "Save Draft" and return by May 10 to finish.
After full completion, click "Submit" and check your email for confirmation.